|Gifted & Talented
|Grade Pre - K
Grade K M
Grade K B
G & T
|Students that have been *identified as gifted
are provided additional educational experiences to enrich
Activities have included and are not limited to:
• Using the scientific method, including experiments, to explore questions and present findings to peers and judges.
• Writing and photographing for articles published in the UTTC newsletter
• Writing computer code to produce interactive programs
• Presenting lessons to classmates
• Contributing to the internal and external websites for the school
• Recruiting and working with classmates to produce and share multimedia projects
* referral for gifted services does not ensure placement.
Made YouTube Videos
Motor Noise (must be a TJES.org user to access)
Hairy Yogurt Mold
* All students in grades 4 - 7 have the opportunity to participate in the local and (if held) annual North Dakota Native American State Science and Engineering Fair (NASSEF).
* Before the state competition, science club is held several school days a week from 3:15 to 4:15.
* Science club offers a guided environment for students to select and develop their projects.
* Science club provides many (not all) supplies for projects.
* Late bus service is provided for after school activities.
* Students are free to select their own projects as long as their project conforms to ISEF rules and guidelines.
* Lower grade students in the gifted program have participated and placed in the NASSEF.
Makyla (3rd place)
Serenity (3rd place)
Ashley (2nd place)
Isis (2nd place)
Evelyn (1st place)
Kangisi (1st place)
K'Shalee (1st place)
Beau (2nd Place)
for placing in the 33rd annual North Dakota Native American State Science and Engineering Fair (NASSEF).
The 2015 State Science Fair was held Jan 18, 2016 in the Ramkota, Bismarck ND.
These are the participants from the 2015-2016 local Science Fair.
The following images are sample of 2015-2016 projects.
The 32nd annual North Dakota Native American State Science and Engineering Fair was held on January, 19, 2015 in the Ramada Bismarck Hotel, Bismarck, N.D.
Participating in the following grades categories TJES sponsored one (grade 7) three (grade 4) and two students that participated in the grade 3-4 category. Madison in grade 7th grade took first place in his category for for his project Hydrophobic Spray. In the 3-4 grades competition Kylalynn took 2nd place for her project DNA.
"I'm glad I took 2nd place because I didn't want to take third place. It took a long time before the judges came out. It was fun to see others people's projects and they were cool. My favorite project was the lava lamp. I saw kids from different schools. The science fair was fun. The science fair was cool because you got to see who wins."