Theodore Jamerson Elementary School Students Parents Staff Community
.
Gifted & Talented
     


Activities Activities Student
                      Work   
   
 
 



The following links are a small sampling of student produced work.

Interview with Mrs. Mueller

CareMobile Story

  Vitamin C Titration




 


2016 Vitamin C Titration Experiment
 







                         




Mixing solution
This photo shows mixing iodine
and starch flour. 
Orange Juice
In this photo orange juice is being added
to the iodine and starch solution
Hi C
In this photo you can see 20 drops of Hi C
 mixed into the titration solution.
Turned color
This photo shows 11 drops of orange juice mixed with the titration solution.  It is lighter because the vitamin C in the orange juice is
reacting with the iodine.

chart
This chart shows all the experiments we conducted. 
The numbers are how many drops of each that we put in to change the color of the titration solution. 

Sparkling ICE Never changed color dispite adding hundreds of drops. 
we left Sparking ICE at 0 so the chart would show the other results. 













cat
Copper sulfate grown produced Electrochemistry
cat range Same Copper sulfate crystal
ferro fluid
 I mixed oil with toner to make ferrofluid.
sound movement
This is a mixture of cornstarch and water on a speaker.
The mixture is reacting to the sound movement
speak
This is the
speaker we used for our project.
toner1
I added toner to the the water which then reacted with the movement of from the speaker.
toner 2
The toner is slowly mixing in with the water and is creating patterns from the movement from the speaker.
toner3
The toner mixed in with the water and is creating patterns from the movement of the speaker.
sound movement
The movement of the speaker is causing the mixture to create patterns and
bounces to the bass.

This mixture is made of corn starch and water. 





Cat_finished

This is the 7th generation of the catapults. 

The earlier versions had problems. 

 

cs7

First I designed the platform on paper.  I had Mr. A. cut out the pieces of wood.

cat_sides

I placed a long sheet rock screw to act as an axle for the arm then I cut one Ping-Pong ball in half and put a hole through it so the arm would stay in place.   This made the arm not rub against the supporting structure.


I put Styrofoam and tape on the sides so the sharp screw would not harm anyone. 



cat_breaker

The biggest problem was that the catapult was no barrier to stop the arm from hitting the table It also just kept on flinging objects strait at the table.

 

Then I added a barrier across the top but it still flung the projectile into the ground.

cat_fi

Then I added a roll of tape to stop the arm from flinging to far and smashing objects into the table.

cat_s

Then I had to add bread ties to prevent the catapult from flying off the table.  The bread ties kept breaking so the catapult would fly off the table. 

 

I also added a second screw on the arm so the rubber bands would make a stronger grip because they were stretched further.  This made it go faster. 

cat_S
Then I drilled holes and added screws so the catapult would not fly apart
catchart

This chart shows the measuring in inches of the distance objects traveled across the room.

 

I plan to make this catapult a part of my robot that will run with motors.



 catroom


© 2014 Theodore Jamerson Elementary School ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.